All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Added Some New Weather Boxes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

Added Some New Weather Boxes Empty
PostSubject: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 16:13

I just added some new weather boxes today. There has been increased interest in the due to the storm that may be passing close to us. I started with Morelia weather but decided we needed a few more for some of our more active posters on this board.

Morelia weather remains at the top of the page so to push the globe down to where it is in the same frame as the webcam. After the globe is the box for recent topics so it can be seen at a glance when there are new posts, the most recent posts bump that topic to the top.

Following those are weather boxes for Pátzcuaro, Ajijic, and San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Pátzcuaro is close to Morelia but the weather is vastly different with much more rain. That should be helpful for anyone planning an outing to these cities. If anyone has requests for other cities we can consider them based on space available. Let me know.

I left the RSS feeds at the bottom to make it easy to add this site's recent topics to your RSS or home page. I have a full page of news on My Yahoo page and this site is included there along with those other major publications.

Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 16:48

Thanks for adding the Chiapas Highlands to your weather boxes, Peter. Down here where, at this time of year the rains mimic God practicing for Noah´s 40 day inundation it´s good to know from the extended forecast that Dawg can anticipate God´s serious practice session for the next flood over the next few days. Wasn´t it God who told Noah, "Don´t worry brother, the fire next time." or was that just James Baldwin´s conceit?

Watch for a lot of extraneous postings from this quarter over the next few days as between the weather, the Zetas and the Zapatistas it´s not safe to go outside.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 17:55

Good postings coming from your way. I don't mind if the rains keep up for awhile longer. Thanks, Dawg.
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 07:32

My pleasure, Peter.

With your liberal/libertarian/iconoclastic/sh°t disturber bent if those characteristics can be logically applied to any one soul, you run an entertaining show and I enjoy the fact that I can post here while you do the work of maintaining this site.

Dawg has been attempting to aid you in broadening your audience since it seems to me that a thoughtful and entertainng forum would be an asset to the Mexican expat community of English speakers subjected ad nauseum to midwestern corn hereabouts so I logged into the Inside Lake Chapala Forum and suggested that members there visit your site but one of them requested a link and Dawg is still in 1948 Alabama trying to figure out Ms. Dorothy´s
old, beat-up typewriter circa 1938 so Perhaps you wish to accomodate them but if not that is your choice.

Down here in Chiapas we never get excited unless someone encroaches on our milpa. Then, they die.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:04

I don't think I'm signed up on that board. There is always cut and paste, highlight and -ctrl- C to cut, then -ctrl- V to paste and the site address here is https://amigo.forumotion.com - just make sure to leave a blank space at the beginning and end of the address and it will turn into a link automatically, and don't put a period directly after the address or it won't link properly. This site is supposed to be for the technically challenged - but we have ADVANCED features for the technically gifted as well - something for everybody here.

I would welcome all the casual chatter here, questions about which combi to take to go to the centro (from where? most of them do go to the centro), that's what this board is lacking.

Aother Morelia board - run by another of your favorite former moderators from MC - handled one of their member's question about which combi to take by telling them to quit being such a cheapskate and take a taxi instead, then went on to lecture about the local economy and monetarily privileged gringos being such tightwads with their money and not spreading it around. Geeez!

Anyway, glad to answer those sort of questions if I know the answer, and I do know quite a few combi routes or parts of them. I'm just a poor gringo living here on a small pension and I'll be glad to tell someone how to save a few pesos. I also take taxis too. They're not too expensive here.

Thanks for sending them this way. We also try to be entertaining her as well. Thanks, Dawg.

PS - Iconoclasm is just a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:21

What am I thinking? To make a link here on this board requires nothing but the address. Forget about cutting and pasting except as a way to save time if you know how to do it. You can just type in and address and it becomes a link - as long as you leave a blank space before and after it. https://amigo.forumotion.com it becomes a link automatically.

Not sure what gymnastics are needed on other boards. On MC the address has to be highlighted when you hit -send- for it to become a link. More of the modern boards like this one is easy schmeasy.

I don't have a link to that other site you mentioned so I don't know where to go. This is a new computer so I don't even have Canuck Bob's board on this one's list either. I need to drop in and say hello sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added Some New Weather Boxes   Added Some New Weather Boxes Empty

Back to top Go down

Added Some New Weather Boxes
Page 1 of 1