All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Bahia in Mexico, far from Bisquick, grits, and chili

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

Best Bahia in Mexico, far from Bisquick, grits, and chili Empty
PostBest Bahia in Mexico, far from Bisquick, grits, and chili

Hound Dog Writes:
Peter wrote:
Still hoping you will pop the still virgin regional forum for other areas with some of your travel adventures around Chiapas, Vera Cruz, Yucatan, etc. We even relish the occasional forays into Alabama and California. I especially liked the detour you made into Seattle. Did I ever mention I used to date Kurt Cobain's cousin Colleen throughout the 90's?

You are free to take us anywhere you wish to go, Dawg.

Finally, we have arrived at a reason Kurt shot hisseff.

I do appreciate that invitation Peter since, at times, I have felt that forays into Chiapas life might be far afield from discourse regarding Michoacan but as I am inclined to return to Western Mexico for at least part of the year, I must try to maintain relationships in that afflicted place. I m also pleased to have observed that someone posted a guide to the Michoacan coast which, while I do not plan to hike that abominable region, may prove to be a fine drive-by place worthy of a detour upon my anticipated return to Lake Chapala from benighted Chiapas and a couple of days at unsung Playa Troncones across the border in Guerrero?

A place similar to Playa Troncones in that it is noted for wide and unspoiled beaches with (during the week at least) few humans to spoil the solitude and endless sand upon which to run one´s canines, is the rathole Puerto Arista on the Chiapas coast just south of the Oaxaca state line and a fine place it is if somewhat primitive as is most of the Chiapas coast which emulates the Michoacan coast in that regard. When your Michoacan readers feel compelled to venture beyond their spendid environs, I recommend this isolated land of wild beaches and isolated coves as a bit of paradise. Between Tonalá and Tapachula in the Soconusco just up from Guatemala there is endless pleasure to be found by the adventurous traveler just as is the case in Michoacan. Have at it but try to choose times when Dawg is not there and tell no one I ever let you in on to this place.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Best Bahia in Mexico, far from Bisquick, grits, and chili :: Comments

Hound Dog wrote:
Peter wrote:
Still hoping you will pop the still virgin regional forum for other areas with some of your travel adventures around Chiapas, Vera Cruz, Yucatan, etc. We even relish the occasional forays into Alabama and California. I especially liked the detour you made into Seattle. Did I ever mention I used to date Kurt Cobain's cousin Colleen throughout the 90's?

You are free to take us anywhere you wish to go, Dawg.

Finally, we have arrived at a reason Kurt shot hisseff.

I do appreciate that invitation Peter since, at times, I have felt that forays into Chiapas life might be far afield from discourse regarding Michoacan but as I am inclined to return to Western Mexico for at least part of the year, I must try to maintain relationships in that afflicted place. I m also pleased to have observed that someone posted a guide to the Michoacan coast which, while I do not plan to hike that abominable region, may prove to be a fine drive-by place worthy of a detour upon my anticipated return to Lake Chapala from benighted Chiapas and a couple of days at unsung Playa Troncones across the border in Guerrero?

A place similar to Playa Troncones in that it is noted for wide and unspoiled beaches with (during the week at least) few humans to spoil the solitude and endless sand upon which to run one´s canines, is the rathole Puerto Arista on the Chiapas coast just south of the Oaxaca state line and a fine place it is if somewhat primitive as is most of the Chiapas coast which emulates the Michoacan coast in that regard. When your Michoacan readers feel compelled to venture beyond their spendid environs, I recommend this isolated land of wild beaches and isolated coves as a bit of paradise. Between Tonalá and Tapachula in the Soconusco just up from Guatemala there is endless pleasure to be found by the adventurous traveler just as is the case in Michoacan. Have at it but try to choose times when Dawg is not there and tell no one I ever let you in on to this place.

Promise. Mum's the word.
As one who enjoys Troncones, and as one who is eager to visit Chiapas, Puerto Arista sounds quite interesting. Thanks for the info, Dawg!

Jim
I promise. I won't go there nor tell anyone about it.
JimRP wrote:
As one who enjoys Troncones, and as one who is eager to visit Chiapas, Puerto Arista sounds quite interesting. Thanks for the info, Dawg!

Jim

Jim:

It looks as though we are finally getting off to Chiapas and may or may not make it down to Puerto Arista this trip but will almost certainly be visiting there this winter and will post on our visit if we actually get down there. We will be exploring for rental housing as opposed to hotels so we can take our mutts along for the fun.

Puerto Arista reminds Dawg of Troncones in that there is a huge and expansive beach there and an impressive surf and, during the work week it´s almost totally deserted. Go there on the weekend during the season, however, and you will find huge crowds from Chiapas´cities. A great place to run one´s pooches freely. Both Troncones and Puerto Arista are, shall we say, rustico which is a characteristic we tend to seek out in beach towns. If you do have occasion to visit Puerto Arista, there are some very interesting day trips near there. Nearby, on the Chiapas coast, is the drive on the ocean side of Laguna La Joya from Cabeza de Toro through Boca del Cielo to El Manguito at road´s end. This is a very primitive area of small fishing villages worth the drive. Also close by going northwest past Tonalá and Arriaga is the Oaxaca Coast with the fascinating small cities of Juchitan and Tehuantepec which are places worthy of discussion in and of themselves. These famous old towns are both close to the estuarine waters of the Lagunas Superior and Inferior with their isolated laguna and seaside indigenous fishing villages. A fascinating area and, in the event you get into trouble with your spouse in the famously matriarchal Zapoteco community of Tehuantepec with its imposing womenfolk dressed to the nines, you´ll only be a short drive from the railhead of the "Train of Death" at Arriaga, Chiapas where you can escape her wrath by joining all those Central Americans on the ride to the U.S. border. I know it´s known as the "Train of Death" but if your spouse is really pissed you may have to make some value judgments.

More about these places later.

Dawg,

Puerto Arista is on my list of places to visit some day, as are all the little villages and towns you've mentioned. We will also be off on our trip soon as you know. I hope we'll hook up later in Morelia or Ajijic!

Buen viaje, to you and Dawgette....

Jim

Best Bahia in Mexico, far from Bisquick, grits, and chili

Page 1 of 1