All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo

Humor : Ironic

PostI Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search

This has been quite a long time now but I had a difficult time finding a pasta maker. When bringing everything you can to Mexico by way of flight bags and when I finally drove my car down, there is just so little room and not enough for everything. Don't worry, they all say, everything you need you can find here. That is just not always true. Perhaps I could find everything I NEED, and after some time looking maybe I could find most everything I would like to have here. I am just fortunate I live in a big city like Morelia where I finally found ONE store that had pasta makers.

Corona Cristales is on Lázaro Cárdenas, north side of the street, and several blocks east of Mercado Independencia. They continue to be the store where I find professional kitchen and restaurant supplies as well as some of those home supplies nobody else ever seem to have. My pasta maker is an Italian-made Atlas 150 which is a nice, smooth operating, heavy-duty manual machine. Very pleased with it.

A pasta maker is not just good for making spaghetti noodles and fetucinni but is how I make eggroll wrappers, wontons, crackers, and any number of items. To say any more on this subject I should put it in La Comida section, which I think I will do, soon.

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

I Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search :: Comments

Re: I Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search
Post on Fri 11 Mar 2011, 20:21 by cheenagringo
We too have an Atlas Pasta Maker and also a pasta maker that fits our Kitchenaid mixer. Both Kathy and I really appreciate good pasta but to be quite honest sometimes the project isn't worth the effort. Then again, we are not retired and sometimes our time to dedicate can be limited. That said, we often regret not making the time and using store bought pastas from sources which may be quality challenged. Now that it is March, we are officially into "BBQ season" and the grill is fired up an average of five times per week. For us, pasta dishes tend to be a stove top wintertime kind of thing and we don't have a fancy stove like Peter!
Re: I Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search
Post on Fri 11 Mar 2011, 21:50 by Peter
cheenagringo wrote:
We too have an Atlas Pasta Maker and also a pasta maker that fits our Kitchenaid mixer. Both Kathy and I really appreciate good pasta but to be quite honest sometimes the project isn't worth the effort. Then again, we are not retired and sometimes our time to dedicate can be limited. That said, we often regret not making the time and using store bought pastas from sources which may be quality challenged. Now that it is March, we are officially into "BBQ season" and the grill is fired up an average of five times per week. For us, pasta dishes tend to be a stove top wintertime kind of thing and we don't have a fancy stove like Peter!

We don't have the stove yet. Kitchen just got finished painting yesterday. We expect we can have the stove delivered early in the week. We have been using the BBQ grill lately, had been a very mild winter this year and has been like spring for weeks now. Call it cheating but we're gas-grill people. With the gas parilla built into the new stove it has led me to wonder if the BBQ unit will take a back seat and things will get a light touch of char-broiling as a matter of routine then.

I expect the BBQ will still get used ceremonially as it's custom to do the "spring thing" carne asadas gathered around the grill dousing flames with a bottle of Corona. Seems natural.

I Found a Pasta Maker - After Several Months Search

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Mexico Info Group Oracle :: Public Forum/Informational Topics :: Lodgings, Where to find? Sale or Trade-
Jump to: