All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Morelia Live Cam as Melancholia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

Morelia Live Cam as Melancholia Empty
PostSubject: Morelia Live Cam as Melancholia   Morelia Live Cam as Melancholia EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 13:15

Now, I´m not one not given to humor without clarity but what is it about the Morelia live cam pictures on this forum of the historic center in crystal clear but melancholic light that truly depresses me? Morelia, in that light, with its severe Spanish architecture and wide boulevards passing somber monuments to the unknown of old New Spain, with its imposing historic centro surrounded by depressing and pedestrian urban blight strething into eternity makes me feel sad. Not that Morelia is unique in Mexico in that regard as it is actually typical of so many overgrown urban centers with doleful and unattractive surroundings characterized by clogged traffic contributed by people going nowhere. I feel the same sadness in Queretaro and San Cristóbal de Las Casas and the desecrated historic center of Guadalajara so this is not a putdown of Morelia. Simply an observation about old Spanish political centers in New Spain. Imagine the nightmarish pogroms needed to establish Morelia, Guadalajara, San Cristóbal, New York and Paris and countless other places carried out without mercy and the clarity of the sun shining down on these places as they exist today which are a gift or a curse from our ancestors.

Is Dawg being too maudlin?
Back to top Go down

Morelia Live Cam as Melancholia
Page 1 of 1