All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello, I'm the new guy in town

Go down 
+2
raqueteer
Rolly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rolly
Amigo
Rolly

Humor : Weird

Hello, I'm the new guy in town Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 21:19

I followed my friend Hound Dog, and the trail led here.
I found some interesting reading. I even found my name mentioned. Wow.
Right now I'm stuffed full of tacos, so I'm off the beddy-bye.
Back to top Go down
http://rollybrook.com
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 21:55

Welcome Rolly. We're all a bit new to this.

Cheers,
raq
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 22:10

Hi Rolly. Thanks for coming by. You are known here by many of us. I have mentioned your book and site a time or two. Just recently I referenced your site about a traditional food recipe. Left your link for our folks to find you.

Welcome and hope to see you back here again.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 22:30

Rolly wrote:
I followed my friend Hound Dog, and the trail led here.
I found some interesting reading. I even found my name mentioned. Wow.
Right now I'm stuffed full of tacos, so I'm off the beddy-bye.

For those of you who have not heard of Rolly, this dude from Lerdo has been around since well before Dawg arrived here in early 2001. He is a wealth of information on different forums plus his own blog and has devoted much time to providing good information about living in this great country. I hope he sticks around with this promising forum and contributes here because, if he does, he will add inestimable value to a forum Peter has worked his ass off to develop. You will also find his contributions to other Mexico forums entertaining and informative. Those forums that have true value to us expats seeking information, primarily in English about living in Mexico should be complimentary, not antagonistic. As the forum community grows and diverse thoughts are contributed, we all gain and I look forward to that if it comes to pass.

I hope I have not embarrassed you with these accolades, Rolly but welcome and I, for one, hope to hear from you again many times in the future both here and in past and continuing venues.

Dawg

Back to top Go down
Rolly
Amigo
Rolly

Humor : Weird

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptySat 15 Oct 2011, 23:20

Thanks, HD. I'll get your check in the mail first thing Monday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rollybrook.com
happynz
Amigo
happynz

Job/hobbies : lots and lots of walking
Humor : slapstick

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:04

Hey Rolly,

I often read, but rarely post on the other channel. I do enjoy your level-headed realistic view on living in Mexico.

At any rate, isn't this internet lark a grand thing? I tried your (well, the Doña's recipe) for the apricot glazed pork ribs. Marvelous it was, so I forwarded the recipe and the link to your page (credit is yours) to an Aussie internet mate up in Bangkok. He reports that the ribs were scrumptious.

Cheers,

Smile
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 17:15

Wow, a Kiwi here, that's really cool.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Raq
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 20:16

We have a Mäori moderator on another board I post to, who sometimes gives an interesting cultural sidenote. We have another member from Dunedin who lives here in Morelia but he doesn't post much.

Thanks for mentioning Rolly's apricot ribs, now I will have to look up his recipe. Since I introduced Tere to BBQ ribs they have become a household favorite. She would like having a recipe that uses chabacanos. The ribs we get here in Mexico are so much better than those NOB, much meatier.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : Oblique

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 20:29

Hi, Rolly....

My wife and I poured through your writings on the OTHER board before we arrived and during the early days of our living here (now going on 4 years), and I still post there fairly often. So, I'm a real fan of your work on living in Mexico, and delighted to have you on this board.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm the new guy in town   Hello, I'm the new guy in town Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the new guy in town
Page 1 of 1