All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ultimate Foodie Cookbook

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

The Ultimate Foodie Cookbook Empty
PostThe Ultimate Foodie Cookbook

Arrives on the shelves next week. At 2400 pages in 5 volumes and a release price of $625, one would have to be a very serious cook to indulge themselves! However, Amazon is attempting to put it within more people's reach by pricing it for $467.62. Not available for Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0982761007/ref=s9_al_bw_ir01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1C92K910JR9JSKZQAPSQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1288885942&pf_rd_i=6
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Share this post on: reddit

The Ultimate Foodie Cookbook :: Comments

Don Cuevas
Re: The Ultimate Foodie Cookbook
Post Thu 03 Mar 2011, 09:52 by Don Cuevas
Thanks, but I won't be getting that one. I already have a selected group of cookbooks, from a formerly more extensive collection, which I culled before we moved south.
The present collection more than suffices, and at any rate, I use recipes less and less these days.

I'm the Founder and Head of the Recipe Liberation Front.
cheenagringo
Post Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:07 by cheenagringo
More amazing is that with 2400 pages, they do not cover pastries, deserts or baking.
Peter
Post Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:55 by Peter
Not my style either. I like recipe ideas and I like a few how-to sort of references but my ideas of the way foods should be prepared differ with the experts and self-proclaimed experts. I can get most any information about how to prepare something with information found online. I have even thumbed through other persons' copies of Joy of Cooking and find much good information there.

Yes, really nice to have some reference books for some How-to's or a book of ideas but I cannot justify such an outlay if it does not include pies and pastries and such. Just what good is it then? No doubt there is good information there but how practical is it? Perhaps this is like some textbook set for culinary school students. Just not enough info up front to make me want to go to the link to find out.
Post  by Sponsored content

The Ultimate Foodie Cookbook

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Mexico Info Group Oracle :: Public Forum/Informational Topics :: La Comida-
Jump to: