All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VOLARIS Sale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 08:52

While checking in for my upcoming flight tonight on Volaris - I happened to notice that they are running a 50% OFF Sale. One must book by August 19th for travel from December 1st through January 31, 2012. A great deal for those interested in flying either within Mexico or internationally during that period.
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 09:06

Thanks, that's nice to know. Too bad I really have nowhere to go.

Good luck on your trip and have a nice flight. Hope to see you here. Take care.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 16:58

I really enjoyed flying on Volaris this past June. I liked it so much, I wrote about it on my other blog.
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 17:14

Don Cuevas wrote:
I really enjoyed flying on Volaris this past June. I liked it so much, I wrote about it on my other blog.

Where's the link? Photos or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 08:27

Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 08:36

Having now traveled r/t on Volaris LAX-GDL-LAX, I have a few comments and observations:

Website - has a high learning curve to get used to all of their gyrations and constantly changing specials. So far I haven't found a way to subscribe or sign up for email alerts when they are having a sale or special. Pretty much have to go there at least once a day to catch what they are running and I have seen specials change at least once during a given day. For example today they are running a $99 each way special for trips booked by tomorrow for travel 2/1 to 3/31. On another banner, they have fares starting at $110 each way for Chicago Midway to Zacatecas, Mexico City & Morelia booked by tomorrow with travel between 11/10 and 11/20.

Since they only offer one class of service, I never quite understood the three tier pricing but after experiencing the chaos at LAX, I now understand! Apparently, their Mexican travelers have a tendency to book at the last minute and they bring incredible amounts of luggage - both check-in and carry-on. Each tier allows more checked luggage, provides refunds (50% or 100%) if the flight is late and in the top tier, a free infant up to age 23 months. Not only do these travelers really push the limits for checked baggage but carry-on limits are definitely not written for them! Since I had purchased the "I Want to Save" fare, I was stuck with no on time guarantee and one piece of checked luggage of 55lbs. In either direction, I was less than 1lb below the limit.

With respect to their affiliation with Southwest - yes, you can book through SW but I found that their search engine doesn't pick up on the Volaris sales when booking. Probably understandable given the constant changes and that one has to use a coupon code to get the sale prices. If one books totally through SW, then you can check bags all the way through. In my case, I booked the two airlines separately because of the sale pricing issue and I had a r/t travel coupon from SW to use.

Planes & Service - It is obvious when one boards that the planes are newer and that Volaris takes pride in maintaining their equipment. Leather seats were comfortable but I found a glitch in my plan of sitting in the emergency exit row for the added legroom. Because of the emergency exit, you don't get a table that folds down from in front of you but rather one that comes out of the armrest. Fine and dandy but this setup doesn't allow for one to fold the armrest up for more room. I had planned to sleep on the way down and could have stretched out across three seats had the armrests folded up.

The flight attendants were quite young but all slim and trim and dressed in uniforms reminiscent of yesteryear when airlines had snappy uniforms! Since the LAX-GDL leg was a "red eye" departing at 1:30am, I didn't expect a great deal of service but the flight attendants were diligent and pleasant with their duties. On the return leg (midday), they really went out of their way to provide service. The snack/drink carts made two complete passes through the cabin and beer, wine and cocktails were free. What a concept!

Conclusion - Certainly wouldn't hesitate to fly them again! Actually, they would be my preferred airline to fly to Mexico but I will do everything in my power not to have to fly through LAX ever again! San Diego or Las Vegas would be my currently available preferable options.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 11:19

For you San Diego or LV might work. For many on this site that would be flying direct to Morelia LAX is one of the only options. That is what is good about Volaris among other things, direct flights into Morelia from Los Angeles. San diego may have flight into GDL, not sure, but for Morelia the option is flying into Morelia direct from Tijuana. That was my preferred option. Mexican passengers aren't compelled to purchase round-trip for the discounted flight, from TJ ou can purchase one-way flight and purchase return trip when ready for the same price as round-trip. In the US one usually pays full fare for one-way. Very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 11:58

Quote :
The flight attendants were quite young but all slim and trim and dressed in uniforms reminiscent of yesteryear when airlines had snappy uniforms!

Mmmmm!!!

VOLARIS Sale Volaris-LAX-June30-2009-1
Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 12:08

Just did a quick check on your point on one way versus round trip. On Volaris, there is no difference in the one way versus round trip price!

I didn't go into detail on why not LAX. Terminal 2 which Volaris flies out of is a total nightmare! After one checks their bags, you have to tote those same bags over to long lines to deposit with rude TSA agents to run through the scanner. Then one heads off for personal security check at an area designed by an idiot. Naturally their union requires that they work at a snail's pace while maintaining an unpleasant attitude. It was about 11pm when I went through the process and it took damned near an hour to get processed through security at that hour.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 14:11

TSA is at every US airport. Good luck escaping them. Seems I always caught Volaris at the Bradley International Terminal but there was another airline that used another terminal. Volaris seems to have replaced Mexicana and Aeromexico. Continental used to have a direct flight LAX to Morelia in the past but no more.

Done much flying since TSA came along? I'm happy to have avoided that experience and hope to never have it. Quite possible my next flight will be Mexico City to Cuba with Tere. No TSA!
Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 15:14

I really have ZERO problem with the job TSA has been given and have had a fair amount of experience with them at various airports. It is just that the LAX experience seems to be the epitome of rudeness and disorganization. Maybe the volume they have to process, maybe the attitudes of the average traveler, maybe whatever but I don't need it! For whatever reason, I typically have no problems with US Immigration, US Customs or TSA. They all have a job to do and I don't take offense at any of their intrusive questions or actions.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 15:35

I find most of it offensive and unnecessary in a free world. They put TSA on my old commuter from NAS Point Mugu to our island facility. Talk about useless and unnecessary. Fortunately I have missed out on a large amount of erosion of liberties by being here. As freedom is being destroyed the government is sweeping up behind it and blocking the path of retreat. What has been lost through Patriot Act will never be recovered.

Perphaps the US needs to take these precautions with all the adventures they engage in. Only half the people NOB complain about it and the rest cheerfully accept it as necessary. The bleat goes on.
Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 15:40

Very simple! I have chosen to live here and will abide by the necessary rules & regs. May not like some of them but today is a great reminder of just what may be justified in today's world!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 17:22

That was my simple solution as well. I could never convince myself any of it was justified so moved here.

Today is a reminder to me as well. Within 3 minutes they were announcing OBL as the mastermind. We grounded all our flights including military. The only flight allowed were those that evacuated the Bin Laden family, for their protection I assume. 19 Saudis with boxcutters was the pretext to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, and Saddam's MIA WMD's. Well, we knew he had some at one time, we sold them to him.

Afghanistan HAD to be invaded. The iron-fisted Taliban stopped poppy production and that was crippling global economics. We got there and quickly got that back into production again. I arrived that morning at the galley to the newscast of the tower burning, about 1 minute before the second tower was hit. Within an hour and a half both came tumbling down.

90 minutes from astonishment to disbelief with cynicism creeping up the whole time. Black boxes that were demolished and passports that survived. Must have been made of hemp paper. Sharp we are, we knew who and how many. How we protect our citizens, confiscating all video tapes from cameras that that might have seen the Pentagon crash to spare our citizens the agony of seeing that horrible sight. Quickly scrapping all the Trade Towers metal before inspectors could examine the damage, save them the work as we know what caused it all. Some would call that place a crime scene, but hey, crime solved. Case closed.

Government has better things to do now like arming Mexico's criminal factions. It's justified though, we arm them to fight each other so they don't overthrow the legitimate government. It may cost a bit to get their cooperation, like letting them stuff a cargo 747 to the gills with cocaine and giving it a free pass onto US soil. Wachovia money-laundering service will get it clean clean.

Today is a good day to remind me. I like 22 November memorial service too. "Just like New York city, just like Jericho, pace the halls and climb the walls. Get out when they blow." Ramble on Rose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VOLARIS Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOLARIS Sale   VOLARIS Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

VOLARIS Sale
Page 1 of 1