All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mobile version of Foro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

Mobile version of Foro Empty
PostSubject: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 15:17

I opened my iPod Touch and accessed the Foro.
Surprised to see iit in a slimmed down mobil version.
However, had to go to the Classic version to log in.

This is worth further exploration. (End of first part.)

Back now at my laptop, I looked on the foroactivo.mx website for "movil", but couldn't find anything about it.

Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 16:36

I remember seeing about that, I believe it is still a Beta version. New feature. I didn't pay too much attention because I don't have any of those devices or know the advantage of having them. If it help to mind the store while I'm out then maybe I need to get better connected.

What kind of mobile devices do they have that way? You can take and send photos, etc. with them? What else and how much?
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 17:25

There is another forum which you follow where the owner justified getting an I Phone shortly after building a forum. Then again, he is a Canuck and may have needed more help?
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
CanuckBob
Amigo
CanuckBob

Job/hobbies : Classic cars
Humor : sick & twisted

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 19:16

cheenagringo wrote:
There is another forum which you follow where the owner justified getting an I Phone shortly after building a forum. Then again, he is a Canuck and may have needed more help?

Bwhahahaha.......very funny CG. Very Happy

I do actually access the forum all the time with my IPhone. Works great.

Get an IPhone Peter. Truly the best IMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://lakechapalainfo.bigforumpro.com/
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 19:30

Bob:
I figured you would be reading my comment and chose my words very carefully!
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
CanuckBob
Amigo
CanuckBob

Job/hobbies : Classic cars
Humor : sick & twisted

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 21:35

cheenagringo wrote:
Bob:
I figured you would be reading my comment and chose my words very carefully!

Salud amigo. It was a good one.

Now we have to get you down to Chapala in April for some birria and pulque with Peter.
Back to top Go down
http://lakechapalainfo.bigforumpro.com/
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: The iPod Touch   Mobile version of Foro EmptyTue 01 Mar 2011, 04:17

Peter wrote:
I remember seeing about that, I believe it is still a Beta version. New feature. I didn't pay too much attention because I don't have any of those devices or know the advantage of having them. If it help to mind the store while I'm out then maybe I need to get better connected.

What kind of mobile devices do they have that way? You can take and send photos, etc. with them? What else and how much?

Peter, I don't what other mobile devices work with foroactivo.ms. I suspect all Internet capable mobile devices.

Mine, specifically, is 16 Gb somewhat older model iPod Touch. It doesn't have a camera, although the new models do. The screenshot I (think) I sent you by email was done with the built-in iOS software. Navigating from the shot to the saved file is a bit of an opaque process. The Web screen shot is saved in a Save Photos folder in the Photos app. As with most Apple iOS apps, you have to exit one then enter another via the Home Screen. (There are a few exceptions, where multitasking is possible).
Once you are in the Saved Photos folder, the saved file is located and opened with a tap. A small icon reveals options, susch as Attach to email, or something like that. As you can tell, helping the user be productive is not a strength of the iOS. It's fun to explore and discover and kill time.

For me, the iPod Touch is fun and useful. The fun part is stuff like streaming iTunes music from the Touch via wi-fi to remote speakers; or similarly, controling the iTunes Play on my mac with the Remote app. The practical side is more limited. Google Maps works very well, including Street View! In urban areas, the Maps app can locate where you are, with a reasonable degree of accuracy. (as if you didn't already know.) You can find driving and walking routes from point to point, and the Maps app saves the route, so you can refer to it even if you are out of wi-fi range.

Of course, one of the most useful apps is Mail or Google Mail, whichever. Of course, it only works within a wi-fi zone. Reading email is easy. Composing it is a PITA. The onscreen keyboard is such a drag, it almost makes me want to take up texting. NOT! Rolling Eyes
I'd better stop here, as this can go on fand on.

I can download that screen shot from my iPod Touch and link to it here, so all can marvel at it.
(Getting it here involved a lot of steps and various apps. There must be a quicker and more direct way. Yes; like emailing it to Peter.)

Mobile version of Foro IMG_0021
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of Foro   Mobile version of Foro Empty

Back to top Go down

Mobile version of Foro
Page 1 of 1