All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bloody Mary Steak

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

Bloody Mary Steak Empty
PostBloody Mary Steak

We tried a new recipe last night that was quite successful and thought that I would pass it on to those who might be interested. While the recipes calls for a flank steak, we used tri-tip and can see no reason why skirt/flap or flatiron wouldn't work.

Bloody Mary Steak

1 cup vegetable juice (V8)
1/2 cup vodka
1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 large cloves crushed garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground celery seed
1 tablespoon prepared hoirseradish
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound flank steak
Mix all ingredients except flank steak in a bowl. Pour half of the marinade in a 1 gallon plastic bag and add steak. Pour remaining marinade into a small sauce pan and cook on medium high heat until reduced to about half. Marinate the steak for 8 to 24 hours.

Remove steak from the marinade and wipe excess marinade off the surface. Season with fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper. BBQ on high heat or in a skillet over high heat. After cooking let the steak rest and then cut the steak on a bias. Serve with reduced marinade.

That is the official version of the recipe but I have a tendency to not measure or follow recipes exactly. I added some oregano and some cumin to the marinade and since our tri-tip was was over 1 pound, I increased the quantities. Also marinated it for a full 48 hours.

I apologize for not providing photos like Peter or the Don would do but I was too busy doing other things!
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Share this post on: reddit

Bloody Mary Steak :: Comments

No Comment.

Bloody Mary Steak

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Mexico Info Group Oracle :: Public Forum/Informational Topics :: La Comida-
Jump to: