All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guessed

PostSubject: Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away   Sun 27 Feb 2011, 01:51

Studies say learning a foreign language will help keep Alzheimer's disease from striking. Maybe that is true but learning Spanish is a good thing to do if you are going to be in Mexico. Some people never bother to learn it even if they live in Mexico. Maybe that is why the people in Chapala are kind of a little drifty
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away   Sun 27 Feb 2011, 19:15

I'm not sure I would characterize them all as drifty. Some are thrifty and I've met a few who were sort of nifty. I would guess there are a bunch that are rather shifty - probably a few are kind of shiftless as well. But the large majority of the ex-pats are at least fifty, but I'm guessing a whole lot more.

My wife Tere loves visiting Lakeside but says it is the only place in Mexico where she needs an interpreter to speak with most of the people there and has trouble finding someone who speaks Spanish.
Back to top Go down
http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/
Don Cuevas
Amigo

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: Re: Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away   Mon 28 Feb 2011, 05:28

Peter wrote:
I'm not sure I would characterize them all as drifty. Some are thrifty and I've met a few who were sort of nifty. I would guess there are a bunch that are rather shifty - probably a few are kind of shiftless as well. But the large majority of the ex-pats are at least fifty, but I'm guessing a whole lot more.

My wife Tere loves visiting Lakeside but says it is the only place in Mexico where she needs an interpreter to speak with most of the people there and has trouble finding someone who speaks Spanish.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away   

Back to top Go down

Learn a foreign language to keep Alzheimer's away
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Mexico Info Group Oracle :: Public Forum/Informational Topics :: En Español, por favor.-
Jump to: