All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

LA DOLCE VITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT PATZCUARO SPECIALS AND DISCOUNTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave and Rosy
Amigo

Job/hobbies : underemployed
Humor : buen

PostLA DOLCE VITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT PATZCUARO SPECIALS AND DISCOUNTS

Sad rating zero stars

It has been our unfortunate experience to have eaten once and our companion twice at this restaurant which offers the following and does not honor either the discount nor the free garlic bread as advertised below. Rather, the waitress denied the offer, then when asked why, stated only that the owner did not offer the discount during Semana Santa. However, earlier that week, we had received the same following message without caveat. In the second instance, again the discount was denied for another fabricated reason. Our companion was hostess of a party of eight in the second instance. Additionally, she reported her second visit confirmed my opinion: this restaurant delivers minimal service in a cigarette smoky atmosphere. Yes, when we entered and asked about the smoke, the other guests did remove themselves to smoke at that time outdoors, however, the lingering flavor of previous cigarettes remained.

We three received a total bill over $800 Mexican pesos. The available menu was extremely limited, the food was marginal in quality and quantity and service was extraordinarily slow, even on Mexican time. Were the food and service to warrant the cost, we would not mind the price, however, there was little of value received.

For us, never again! We prefer to enjoy our eating out experiences!

-- In Michoacan_net@yahoogroups.com, "massimo" <maxgi10@...> wrote:
>
> FRI THRU SUN
> 2:00 TO 9:00
> AHUMADA # 26 PATZCUARO COL CENTRO
> TEL 434-342-0885
> ENJOY A 10%OFF THE TOTAL BILL PLUS FREE GARLIC BREAD
> PLEASE MENTION THIS ADD TO GET THE DISCOUNT
> SPECIALS:
> 1)SPINACH AND MOZZARELLA RAVIOLI WITH YOUR CHOICE OF ALFREDO SAUCE OR BUTTER WHITE WINE ROSMARY SAUCE
> 2)SPAGHETTI WITH HOMEMADE MEATBALLS
> 3)CREAMY MUSTARD PORK CHOP WITH A SIDE OF FRESH MIXED VEGETABLES AND PASTA
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

LA DOLCE VITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT PATZCUARO SPECIALS AND DISCOUNTS :: Comments

Thanks for letting know of these caveats, I guess they don't always get published but are good to know ahead of time. That seems to be a fair comment about what one could expect to find there.

I personally have not been to many of the Pátzcuaro restaurants and have little idea of which to endorse. I know one of my favorites in the area is Campestre Alemán in Arócutin a few minutes drive outside Pátzcuaro which if I recall correctly you mentioned you had visited. Too many things to recommend on their menu. I believe they have at least a full page of trucha offerings. Among my favorites are the sausages, but I have to caution there are two selections of those and I strongly recommend the larger one that offers the variety of assorted sausages and served with garlic bread. The other is their white sausages which are also good but just doesn't quite cut the mustard for me.

For me Pátzcuaro has some of the best street-food and sidewalk café offerings. If you should happen by near the mercado in the plaza chica in the evening those enchiladas served on some of the largest platters with chicken I've ever seen are good. Just don't make the mistake of ordering a platter for each person unless you are VERY hungry. Tere and I share one and still have plenty left-over. Price was $100mx when we ate there a couple years ago.

Provecho!
Plaza Chica Pátzcuaro Street Food Fare
Post on Sat 28 May 2011, 11:57 by Dave and Rosy
De Acuerdo! Mike extolled the pozole and I second your chicken enchilada Komments... Very Happy

LA DOLCE VITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT PATZCUARO SPECIALS AND DISCOUNTS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Mexico Info Group Oracle :: Public Forum/Informational Topics :: La Comida-
Jump to: