All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  Empty
PostSubject: First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room    First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 10:22

Here is a first look at our new Amigos/FWB classroom and library facility. Behind the camera is the blackboard which is actually a white board for use with washable colored markers. We get quite a bit of use from this for giving English lessons to Tere and Manuel and other members of our group but soon will be using it for our Spanish classes as well.

Also not pictured here is a large open room adjacent to this one that can be used for multi-purposes. Right now it is mostly being used for keeping more stackable chairs and a gas BBQ grill - if that gets any ideas for use during this spring season.

Another thing missing would be more books for the library but there will be more to come, I'm sure. At the moment there are only a few book written in Spanish that I had been reading over the past few years along with a few magazines that have the words to some popular Mexican songs which a few I have been playing around with on the guitar.

First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  SAM_0208

Well, one step at a time. We have a facility in an accessible location with easy parking and serviced by several combi and bus routes. It is just a short walk over to Morelia's large central bus station and Estadio Morelos where the Monarcas play. Without more books yet we haven't started keeping regular days and hours for the FWB library but that is coming soon on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. So far we have been using the facility for some English classes but expect to kick-off Spanish classes to help review some basics and work on improving our fluency and conversational abilities.

There is also wireless internet connection, printer/copier, and kitchen/dining facilities. Perhaps after our 2nd Wednesday meeting this month at Club Campestre, always starts at 3pm, we will announce regular hours and have a kick-off event to get it started. Until then our members can use the facility by arrangement for classroom and group meetings.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
flossiebebe
Amigo
flossiebebe

PostSubject: Library/ meeting room etc   First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 10:57

This looks so great!
When do we get to know the actual address? I'd like to check out which combi routes can get me there
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room    First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:45

flossiebebe wrote:
This looks so great!
When do we get to know the actual address? I'd like to check out which combi routes can get me there

It is in Colonia Lago III, one block parallel to Av Quinceo. I will wait on the exact address until we get ready to make the opening announcement, which I expect will be in about 10 days.

Coming from the Centro combi Coral2a comes just about to the doorstep and you can pick it up at the plaza terminal at San Francisco. It is a block and-a-half from the pereferico where the combi Gris1 circuito has a covered stop also for the larger buses that circulate the pereferico. Other combis that travel close are Negra1, Roja1, and Cafe that come within two or three blocks. I believe there may be more but I am watching for them to find out.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room    First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room  Empty

Back to top Go down

First Look at the New FWB Library/Classroom/Group Room
Page 1 of 1