All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A witty look at Mexican road signs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : Oblique

A witty look at Mexican road signs Empty
PostSubject: A witty look at Mexican road signs   A witty look at Mexican road signs EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:31

Those who have driven in Mexico for awhile will smile and nod at parts of this article, and anyone new to driving here will likely learn a lot. Enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jim

Last edited by Peter on Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add image -Peter)
Back to top Go down
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: Re: A witty look at Mexican road signs   A witty look at Mexican road signs EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:39

We have some interesting road signs out in our area om Michoacán. I call this "Tierra de Trabalenguas".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: A witty look at Mexican road signs   A witty look at Mexican road signs EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 11:19

I noticed about three of the eight sign in the article warned of approaching topes. How wonderful, we're not always so lucky to have any warning until we're just about on top of them, or right on top of them.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: Things That Go Bump In The Road   A witty look at Mexican road signs EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 12:19

My earlier thoughts on topes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

Humor : Oblique

PostSubject: Re: A witty look at Mexican road signs   A witty look at Mexican road signs EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 12:31

Don Cuevas, those city names are a mouthful! Topes are things that go bump in the road--I like it! Laughing

Pete, the thing I most enjoyed about the article were all the signs that don't specifically warn you about topes, but that you slowly begin to realize always mean there will be topes. It took me some time to figure that out. I've crashed into fewer topes since learning that!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A witty look at Mexican road signs   A witty look at Mexican road signs Empty

Back to top Go down

A witty look at Mexican road signs
Page 1 of 1